Registered Developer Program
The Maxon Registered Developer (MRD) program provides enterprise level support for Cinema 4D developers. This posting lines out the benefits and requirements of the program.
Please see the Support procedures topic for information about scope of support and how we deliver support in general.
The most tangible benefits of the program are:
- Access to development licenses for the current alpha or beta of Cinema 4D.
- Access to the internal alpha and beta forums, and the Maxon employees operating in it.
- Access to the continuous build output of the current alpha or beta (via the forums).
- Access to the bug tracker of Cinema 4D.
- Access to non-public features of Cinema 4D aimed at development.
- Access to more in-depth 1:1 email support or virtual meetings with the SDK Group when necessary.
To enlist to the program, you must reach out to us via our contact form and demonstrate the following criteria of eligibility:
- Reason: Explain why you require MRD membership. Ideally name a concrete development project you intend to work on.
- Past Work: Demonstrate that you have successfully developed public or non-public plugins for Cinema 4D or other DCC applications. You should provide here a link to a website, a video, or something similar.
Number of Licenses: State the number of development licenses you request.
Account Handle: Provide the id.maxon.net e-mail handle(s) of the account(s) to which we shall assign the beta licenses when your request is approved.
- Company and Name: Provide the name of a company or organization on behalf of which you are applying and the (name, last name) of your Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) signee (see Process below).
It is strongly recommended to follow this exact bullet point form. Lengthy applications are not necessary, one thousand characters should suffice for most applications. We must also point out that the MRD program is strictly bound to development tasks. And quality assurance, documenting how your software products work in conjunction with Cinema 4D, or (program) management all do not qualify as such. See the section Alternatives for other options. When applying for these, you must still follow the bullet points lined out in this section.
While the MRD program is aimed at commercial development, it is not exclusive to it, nor must one be an employee of a big company to apply. As stated above, Maxon views third party developers as crucial to its success. So, do not hesitate to reach out to us!
Once you have sent your application, the following will happen:
- Approval: We discuss your request internally and either approve or deny it. In either case we will reach out to you with the outcome. This usually takes two weeks but can take longer in complicated cases.
- Non-Disclosure Agreement: Once your request has been approved, we will ask you to sign an NDA regarding the alpha and beta access of Cinema 4D.
- On-Boarding: Once you have been approved and signed your NDA, you are now an MRD, congratulations! We will hand you over to the capable hands of our Beta Team which will provide your licenses as well forum and bug tracker access.
- Renewal: The MRD membership itself has no fixed expiration date, but we might remove members who have not been logged into our beta forum for more than one year. So, make sure to log in at least once per year (login is the actual criteria, although participating in the community and bug reporting are of course an effective way to establish yourself as a valuable partner).
- The development license(s) associated with an MRD membership expire with the development cycle of Cinema 4D on May 1st and October 1st independent of when your MRD has been granted. We require MRD members to renew their licenses manually, but a brief e-mail asking for continuation usually suffices.
Sometimes the MRD program is not the right fit, either because users cannot enter the NDA or when the intended usage is not development related. In these cases, other options can be an alternative. This can either be applying for a Not for Resale (NFR) license for the current release candidate of Cinema 4D - without access to anything beta and bug tracking related -, or a strategic partnership for cases where management, marketing, or training are the reason you are reaching out to us.
When you already know that this applies to your case, please make sure to state so in your initial outreach. Please understand that such cases will take longer to process.
the Maxon SDK Group
This topic deliberately has been left open for on-topic questions. Due to its informative purpose, this topic will be strictly moderated.