On March the 29th, 2023, Maxon Computer released Cinema 4D 2023.2.0. Alongside this release, a new Cinema 4D SDK and SDK documentation have been released, reflecting the API changes for 2023.2.0. For an overview of the features of Cinema 4D 2023.2, please refer to the spring release announcement.
The major SDK related changes in this release are:
- The Visual Studio Code (VS Code) bindings for the Script Manager have been integrated into Cinema 4D, making the formerly provided Cinema 4D plugin obsolete. Required is still the VS Code extension which can be found here. For the integrated features, please refer to the user documentation of the Script Manager.
- Cinema 4D 2023.2 updates its CPython interpreter to version 3.10.8.
- The online documentation has new entry points. Please update your bookmarks. This also fixes the issue of browser caches shadowing newer content. Users will now always see the latest content while all content remains cached.
- developers.maxon.net/docs/cpp: Points to the latest Cinema 4D C++ API documentation.
- developers.maxon.net/docs/py: Points to the latest Cinema 4D Python API documentation.
- developers.maxon.net/docs/cw: Points to the latest Cineware API documentation (still S22).
- With release 2023.2, the online documentation of the Cinema 4D C++, Cinema 4D Python, and Cineware C++ APIs have been re-exposed for past versions, covering the version range R21.2 to 2023.2. Now all documentation products offer an API and version selection element in the top right corner to switch between APIs and versions.
For a more in-depth overview of the changes, please refer to the Python and C++ change notes.
|Extended C++ SDK |
Win/Mac Project Tool for S24+
|Extended Python SDK |
Cinema 4D Connector 1.0.2
|Cineware API (S 22.0)||Documentation|
|Quick Start Guide|
|SDK Asset Database||offline||–|
The Visual Studio Code extension Cinema 4D Connector is also being published on the Extensions for Visual Studio Code marketplace. Simply search for “Cinema 4D Connector” in VS Code (Fig. I) to find and install the extension.