Cinema 4D Subscription Release 24 (S24) includes functionality to easily browse and obtain models, materials and other assets, and to intuitively place them within the scene. The release also includes key workflow enhancements and a sneak peek at the continued progress on the Scene Nodes and Scene Manager interfaces to the new core.
- new Placement Tools,
- new Asset Manager,
- new Scene Manager / Scene Nodes (Technology Preview),
- new moves version, and
- enhancement on animation, viewport, exchange, UV, workflow, and more.
Visit Maxon’s website for a complete list of new features and updates.
- Python update to 3.9.1
- Node API is public for both C++ and Python:
- implementing custom user nodes
- providing an interface for a graph
- iterating over each node and port in a graph
- instantiating a node
- removing a node
- grouping nodes
- setting and getting a node property
- retrieving the value of a port.
- C++ list of changes
- Python list of changes
Concerning plugins binary compatibility
Plug-ins that were built for R23 should work with S24. They require to be rebuild against the R24 API in only a few cases. See C++ documentation for more informations.
A new ProjectTool is available in the download section.
Examples on GitHub have been updated.
Comments can be posted on PluginCafe