The new major version R21 of Cinema 4D has been officially released and is now available for download. Everyone can now create accounts on the new MyMaxon portal (my.maxon.net) and download the latest version of Cinema 4D.
The most significant changes are:
- Only one version of Cinema 4D exist.
- Existing C++ plugins must be adapted and re-compiled for R21.
- Building C++ plugins requires Visual Studio 2017 or Xcode 10.
- A new licensing system replaces the old, serial number based system. The SNHookClass plugin type has been removed.
Documentation and Downloads
- Browse C++ SDK Documentation Online
- List of C++ API changes
- Download HTML format
- Download Windows HTML help format
- The latest Project Tool can be found on Downloads page
The c4dpy executable is now part of the Cinema 4D installation.
Examples on GitHub
The examples on GitHub have been updated.
The Basic License Workflow examples show how to utilize the new licensing API (blw_pluginlicensedialog and blw_simplegenerator).
The Python examples have been reworked and extended. The new examples can be found on https://github.com/PluginCafe/cinema4d_py_sdk_extended.