It’s this time of the year again, we have released the new major version R19 of Cinema 4D.
Check out the new features of R19 on maxon.net.
Of course R19 also comes with updated SDKs for C++ and Python.
- Browse C++ SDK Documentation Online
- List of C++ API changes
- Download HTML format
- Download Windows HTML help format
- C++ and Python: Support for new features, like LOD object, Polygon Reduction and Sound Effector
- C++: Delegate support to define callbacks
- C++: Sometimes the small things matter: GetDataInstanceRef()
- Python: C4DFallOff is now available, providing you for example with means to add FallOffs to modifiers/deformers
New Documentation Content
Furthermore we extended the C++ SDK documentations with a few new overview and manual pages, like for example:
The Python documentation also inherited a few manuals from the C++ documentation.
Finally we have a bunch of new C++ plugin examples as well as Python script and plugin examples.
Unfortunately the C++ examples didn’t make it into the SDK delivered with R19 and R19 SP1. Instead we updated (finally!) our GitHub repository, so a bunch of new source can be found there and the old examples have been adapted to R19, where needed (which is actually not that much).
And of course Python received new examples as well:
- Py-DoubleCircle (demos RegisterPluginHelpCallback())
- Py-SpherifyModifier (added falloff)
- New scripts for R19