A new Melange SDK for Cinema 4D R15+ has been released.
- Windows libs build with WholeProgramOptimization = false (/GL flag not set)
- progress status parameter IDs for render connection added
- fix in memory management (internal ‘new’ calls removed)
- enhanced CKey, CCurve and CTrack classes (fixes, missing functions added, cleanup, docu fixes)
- enhanced error handling (and additional null pointer checks)
- fix in BaseDocument::CopyTo()
- minor fixes and cleanup (FALSE replaced by false (even in comments), docu fixes, unused variable removed)
- render connection example updated
Andreas and Sebastian from the SDK Support Team will be attending this year’s FMX (May, 5th to 8th, Stuttgart, Germany).
If you ever wanted to:
- talk about some C4D stuff directly
- ask some questions (that don’t fit into the forums)
- get rid of some suggestions you have on mind (but never dared to post in the forums)
- complain about bad support in these forums
- simply would like to meet some of the faces behind PluginCafe
… this will be your chance.
Simply write an email to email@example.com. We will then share contact data, so we can make an appointment on FMX.
FMX 2015 is also the place to attend workshops and presentations on Cinema 4D. More on that will be announced on maxon.net in the next weeks.
Sebastian + Andreas
The Service Pack 2 for Cinema 4D Release 16 (R16.038) included some changes to the C++ plugin API. Plugins that are built with the Service Pack 2 API are currently still loaded by previous versions of Release 16. But in some cases the use of such plugins can cause a program crash. Continue Reading
A new Melange SDK for Cinema 4D R15+ has been released. It’s the first Melange release for R15.
The complete documentation is included in the archive, now.
There are important name changes, which are essential for adapting code from the previous version 6.0. Details are to found inside the documentation.
The Melange SDK got updated to Build #125728.
Changes since build #118814:
- Support for GetRenderErrorString() (needs Cinema 4D R14 or higher, build > #125125)
- Fix GetParamater() returns wrong vertical FOV for Editor Camera after loading a scene
- Fix in commandline example
- Fixes in example projects
first time around?
Pick the right API for the right jobThe very first thing you will need to do is choose which API will suit your needs.
Cinema 4D has... four APIs, the first three may be used to add functionality and are part of the product's distribution:
The C++ SDK is what is used internally by the development team to write all our product's functionalities. It is robust reliable and the obvious choice for commercial plugins. The C++ SDK offers the most extended capabilities of all APIs. Yet, if you are new in software development the learning curve may be a bit too steep. Then you probably want to have a look at the scripting languages.
- Python and COFFEE
Python and COFFEE are scripting languages. They are a good choice for TDs, easier, more flexible to use than the C++ API, but the feature set exposed is a bit less extended. In general both provide the means for very rapid development. On the other hand your sources are harder to protect in Python and COFFEE, your algorithms are easily exposed to all for reading. Nowadays you will probably prefer Python over COFFEE.
Mélange is a bit different, as it provides means to exchange data with the "outside world". It can be downloaded on this site.